Candidate will oversee and provide leadership and resourcing for all HSE functions applied to local R&D, office and analytical activities, and strategic growth initiatives and partner qualification for commercial growth activities.
Local lab functions will include all regulatory compliance, PSM, procedure development and documentation with respect to training, record keeping, waste management, Industrial Hygiene good practices and compliance with generally accepted Aramco Performance Materials (APM) policies and procedures and US regulatory agencies. Candidate will develop overarching safety programs to incorporate audits, conduct proactive safety development activities, manage safety metrics and goals, CAR’s, PAR’s and incident management practices; and assist in chemical registration for US and EU.
Candidate will also lead strategic growth initiatives with respect to manufacturing partnerships and plant audit HSE functions, develop, perform and/or lead contract activities for domestic and international manufacturing plant HSE compliance and performance auditing (large scale commodity polymer manufacturing). Candidate should have a general knowledge of local jurisdiction regulatory compliance obligations regarding plant operational safety, air, water and waste practices and procedures, permitting functions, and community stewardship activities. Duties include developing and producing comprehensive reports, scoring and recommendations suitable for corporate management review.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspect workplace conditions so they conform to applicable standards (Chemical inventories, safety inspections)
- Develop an APM training plan for OSHA and EPA compliance and maintain overall tracking of required OSHA training
- Develop OSHA required plans and ensure all required plans have been updated and develop safety awareness programs with a focus on chemical hygiene in a research facility
- Audit APM Departments for safety and waste management compliance associated with OSHA/EPA rules and training
- Develop annual OSHA refresher classes for departments and develop and conduct professional seminars on safety, emergency actions, and hazardous waste management (must have classroom sign in sheet)
- Establish external firms to support local HSE needs as well as brokering relationship with regulatory firms
- Develop, establish and update safety and health Operating Instructions (OI’s) and procedures and participate in local safety incident reviews, equipment modification reviews
- Establish incident-reporting process and lead quarterly reviews of incidents
- Ensure employees have applicable tools, personal protective equipment (PPE) and that such equipment is properly maintained
- Develop a training plan and maintain overall record keeping system of required OSHA training for APM to ensure compliance and provide training, if requested, by Departments on OSHA/EPA standards
- Keep up-to-date with current regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Occupational Health, Safety Management, Science, or closely related field of academic study required
- One (1) year of HSE experience with responsibility for safety plans development, safety training, and OSHA standards and thorough knowledge is required of OSHA and environmental standards that apply to research and pilot facilities located in Rochester and Ithaca, NY and a general knowledge of NFPA and building codes
- Must have familiarity with industrial hygiene practices and be knowledgeable of employer responsibilities and rights in the event of an OSHA or EPA inspection
- Must be able to communicate and comprehend accurately in English at a level required to perform the job as outlined
- Must possess good work habits, a strong work ethic, and be able to adhere to company work hours, policies, and standard business etiquette
NO THIRD PARTY CANDIDATES ACCEPTED