Our Houston Research Center focuses on research and innovation in geology, geophysics, reservoir engineering, production technology, drilling, and sensors development to advance the discovery and recovery of oil and gas. Located in Houston’s Energy Corridor, the center neighbors the nation’s leading petroleum engineering universities, labs, manufacturers, and service companies.
The Sensors Development Team at Aramco Services Company’s (ASC) Houston Research Center seeks an electrical engineer to design circuits for downhole and oilfield measurement systems. The successful applicant will develop component-level designs with input from team scientists, including PCB layout, test and debug of prototype electronics, and support field testing of prototypes in USA and Saudi Arabia. Experience in digital systems design and microcontroller programming preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, schedule and provide work direction when required for preparation of studies, designs, processes, reports, correspondence and related data and assure the efficiency, adequacy and conformance to overall objectives of all phases of complex engineering problems
- Formulate the basis for the resolution of problems in any of several basic or special engineering disciplines by analyzing and evaluating all pertinent data with respect to scope, effect on existing installations, economic impact and other applicable considerations
- Initiate detailed work outline and make decisions as to basic approaches, processes, or equipment; perform work for final development of specialized or technical proposals and proposed projects
- Bring all elements of a project together, make certain that all elements proceed satisfactorily on schedule and initiate corrective action as required
- Discuss, coordinate and resolve problems with personnel throughout Aramco Services Company, Saudi Aramco and affiliates, and with outside company organizations
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline from a recognized college or university required
- Nine (9) years applicable experience required, such that the incumbent is clearly recognized as an expert in the field
- Must be able to communicate and comprehend accurately, clearly and concisely in English at a level required to perform the job as outlined
- Must have a thorough knowledge of engineering practices including scientific and economic principles, calculation methods, design details, and codes, standards and specifications
- Must possess good work habits, a strong work ethic, and be able to adhere to company work hours, policies, and standard business etiquette
NO THIRD PARTY CANDIDATES ACCEPTED