Our Houston Research Center focuses on research and innovation in geology, geophysics, reservoir engineering, production technology, drilling, and sensors development to advance the discovery and recovery of oil and gas. Located in Houston’s Energy Corridor, the center neighbors the nation’s leading petroleum engineering universities, labs, manufacturers, and service companies.
The Sensors Development Team at Aramco Services Company’s (ASC) Houston Research Center seeks an engineer to support design, deployment, and commercialization of downhole and oilfield instruments. The successful applicant will have significant experience with engineering project management in both R&D and manufacturing, the ability to draw on the deep expertise of our team to produce innovative solutions to problems, and skill at working with scientists, engineers, and technicians in a way that promotes our culture of creative freedom, collaboration, and communication. Experience in oil and gas instrumentation or electronics industries is preferred. May coordinate or direct work of other engineers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide expert advice and assistance to ASC, Aramco Overseas (AOC), and Saudi Aramco design, construction, and maintenance engineers and operating personnel on all matters pertaining to candidates field of experience
- Act as ASC's representative in dealings with contactors, vendors and manufacturers pertaining to field of experience
- Review existing operations within a particular area of expertise to determine potential problems and remedies to existing problems
- Undertake studies and investigations to resolve problems outside the scope of available published literature
- Plan, schedule and provide work direction when required for preparation of studies, designs, processes, reports, correspondence and related data and assure the efficiency, adequacy and conformance to overall objectives of all phases of complex engineering problems
- Formulate the basis for the resolution of problems in any of several basic or special engineering disciplines by analyzing and evaluating all pertinent data with respect to scope, effect on existing installations, economic impact and other applicable considerations
- Initiate detailed work outline and make decisions as to basic approaches, processes, or equipment; perform work for final development of specialized or technical proposals and proposed projects
- Bring all elements of a project together, make certain that all elements proceed satisfactorily on schedule and initiate corrective action as required
- Discuss, coordinate and resolve problems with personnel throughout ASC, Saudi Aramco and affiliates, and with outside company organizations
- Conduct seminars in the resolution of technical problems with personnel in Project Management, Construction, Operations, and Mechanical Services Organizations in Saudi Aramco and ASC
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline from a recognized college or university, plus extensive post graduate participation in technical seminars, extension courses, and/or industrial research required; preferably M.S. or higher professional engineering degree
- Incumbent will normally have achieved industry recognition through activities on committees of professional societies and industry organizations such as ASME, ASTM, API, AIChE, or others
- Fifteen (15) years applicable experience, including at least five years as an engineer in responsible charge of technical work in main field required; incumbent must be clearly recognized as an expert in their field.
- Must be able to communicate and comprehend accurately, clearly and concisely in English at a level required to perform the job as outlined
- Must have a thorough knowledge of engineering practices including scientific and economic principles, calculation methods, design details, and codes, standards and specifications
- Must possess good work habits, a strong work ethic, and be able to adhere to company work hours, policies, and standard business etiquette
NO THIRD PARTY CANDIDATES ACCEPTED